[R] pagebreak in xtable and columns'width

Jannis bt_jannis at yahoo.de
Fri Jul 23 01:41:01 CEST 2010

n.vialma at libero.it schrieb:
> I would like to Know if somewhere in xtable I can put the command \pagebreak .

There is an add.to.row argument in print.xtable, where you could add
this command. You have to specify a line where to add this though. How
about appending each printed xtable object to a file and inserting the
\pagebreak command with R before appending the next xtable object? No
idea how this interacts with Sweave though....
> The object repor over I pass the lapply function and after the xtable function
> has more or less 200 tables. So at the end of each table, the new table would
> have to start at a new page. I tried to put \pagebreak in "command" but it
> doesent work.Any suggestions???
> Moreover someone knows how to set the width of each column?

Have a look at ?xtable and read the documentation of 'align', it is
described there.

HTH
Jannis