[R] glm - prediction of a factor with several levels

blackscorpio olivier.collignon at live.fr
Sat Jul 24 01:15:28 CEST 2010

Dear community,
I'm currently attempting to predict the occurence of an event (factor)
having more than 2 levels with several continuous predictors. The model
being ordinal, I was waiting the glm function to return several intercepts,
which is not the case when looking to my results (I only have one
intercept). I finally managed to perform an ordinal polytomous logisitc
regression with the polr function, which gives several intercepts.
But does anyone know what was the model performed with glm and why only one
intercept was given ?
Thanks a lot for your help !