[R] Book on R's Programming Language

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 19:13:52 CEST 2010

Hi Matt,

http://www.r-project.org/doc/bib/R-books.html

Lists a variety of books, and seems to include most  (i.e., my
searches through google, amazon, and barnes and noble, didn't really
turn up others) books dedicated to R.  I have always been under the
impression that Programming with Data (the Green Book) is a classic.

http://cran.r-project.org/manuals.html

has the official manuals

Similar questions have been asked several times on this list so you
can also search for previous threads (e.g.,
http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/R/help/04/06/0063.html )

Best regards,

Josh

On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 9:39 AM, Matt Stati <mattstati at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Can someone please recommend to me a book on the programming language that R is based on? I'm looking for a foundational book that teaches the logic of the S language. It seems that knowing the underpinnings of the language can only make using R a bit easier.
>
> Any leads are greatly appreciated . . .
>
> Matt.

Joshua Wiley
Ph.D. Student, Health Psychology