[R] Loading Rdata files in a Package

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jul 26 07:47:59 CEST 2010

>From ?data

        2. files ending ‘.RData’ or ‘.rda’ are ‘load()’ed.

'.Rdata' (l/c 'd') files are not supported (although on
case-insensitive file systems they will work in _some_ circumstances,
but only some. Without the sessionInfo() output we asked for in the
posting guide, we can only guess if this such a file system.).

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk