[R] Trouble using grid.layout in Sweave

Felipe Carrillo mazatlanmexico at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 26 17:32:25 CEST 2010

I just run the code below with sweave and works fine
It looks like you might be missing the sequence of vplay

<<fig.R,echo=F,fig=T>>=
library(ggplot2)
vplay<- function(x, y)
viewport(layout.pos.row=x, layout.pos.col=y)
grid.newpage()
p <- ggplot(diamonds, aes(x=carat, y=..density..)) +
geom_histogram(binwidth=0.2)
p <- p + facet_grid(. ~ cut)
pushViewport(viewport(layout=grid.layout(3,3)))
print(p, vp=vplay(1,1))
print(p, vp=vplayt(2:3,2:3))
print(p, vp=vplay(1, 2:3))
print(p, vp=vplay(2:3, 1))