[R] OOP module

Tue Jul 27 15:48:51 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 4:14 AM, Albert-Jan Roskam <fomcl at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thank you! As an R newbie I sometimes find it confusing that in R everything can be done in at least four different ways. My question about S4/OOP was motivated by the fact that those two class systems have the same designer (Chambers). It is as if Chambers has designed an "S5" system that has less shortcomings than S4.  For instance, I find it incredibly ugly that S4 methods can be defined independently of their class definitions.

As with all things related to lisp, you'll find people that claim it
to be the best, or the worst. It seems those who take the middle
ground are rare ... at least we can avoid the arguments about all
those parentheses, though :-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Lisp_Object_System

--
Steve Lianoglou