[R] Installing the Zoo *package*

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Wed Jul 28 12:25:29 CEST 2010

It's a "package", not a "library" ...
I've changed the subject line where you had "library".

A library in R is a directory in which  packages are stored,
and which you see from typing  'library()'
or a file with a collection of *compiled* C, Fortran, C++, etc
functions (sometimes called a "DLL", notably in Windows) which
in R is loaded by  dyn.load() or library.dynam() -- typically
implicitly when a package is loaded containing compiled code.

As you declare yourself an "R newbie", one of the early steps
will be to use precise language.
Hence,  do "watch your language" :-)

Martin Maechler, ETH Zurich

(yes, I'm vacationing and having some extra time .. :-)