[R] Mailing list for download

Jonathan Baron baron at psych.upenn.edu
Thu Jul 29 15:35:33 CEST 2010

This is what I do to make the search database at
http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu, which is also used for RSiteSearch.

Here is an example:

wget -r -np -p --no-check-certificate https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2009-February/

I do this for each month.  But you could probably modify this to do it
all at once.  I run this as root, on linux.  (I'm not sure WHY I do it
as root, and probably you don't need to do that.)

This then gets dumped in a directory called stat.ethz.ch, with many subdirectories.

Jon

Home page: http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~baron