[R] R and WinBUGS (via R2WinBUGS) error

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Thu Jul 29 19:46:45 CEST 2010

Since this requert seems to be unanswered so far:

On 19.07.2010 23:34, YL Grize wrote:
> Hi
> I have got the same error than you

Who? This is a mailing list with thousands of readers ...

> had, calling BUGS from R with the
> bugs() function:
>
>> / Error in FUN(X[[1L]], ...) :
> />/    .C(..): 'type' must be "real" for this format/
>
> but couldn't find the answer on the R help site.

Which R help site?

> Could you please give me a hint? Could you solve it?
> ( i am simply trying to reproduce the example in Gelman's book on
> multilevels models)

Could you specify that example, please? Which book exactly? Which page?
Is there any URL where we can get the example from? I really do not want
to walk into the library in order to solve your problems.

Best,
Uwe Ligges