[R] newton.method

sammyny sjain at caa.columbia.edu
Thu Jul 29 20:15:05 CEST 2010

newton.method is in package 'animation'.

Thanks Ravi.
BBSolve/BBOptim seems to work very well although I am not familiar with the
optimization methods being used there. Is there a way to specify a tolerance
in the function to get the required precision.

I did something like this to use newton method.
require(animation)
newton.method(f, init=2, tol=10*exp(-8))
But it gives bogus results.

If someone could point me a correct working version of newton method for
finding roots and its usage, that would be helpful.

cheers,

Sam