[R] Help with scatterplots in R

Sarah Chisholm sarah.chisholm.09 at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Jul 29 18:13:57 CEST 2010

Hi John,

yes, you are right. Here is what I have done:

plot(DateJonEnd1, End1Jon,
   main="Weekly Training at Endurance 1", xlim=c(13700,14750), xlab="Date",
   ylim=c(0,350), ylab="Volume at Endurance 1", type="b", las=1)

Where DateJonEnd1 is the date of weekly Training, classified as "date" and in the format 2010-07-28. I have the data from 2007-05-01 to 2010-03-31.

End1Jon is a numerical value, as an indicator of the volume of a particular type of training per week. When I plot a years worth of data, R automatically plots the months on the x-axis, however, as soon as the data spans more than a year R only gives me the years on the x-axis. However to compare the graphs, I would prefer to have the months on the x-axis, as well as the year.
I have attached one of the graphs as an example.

Hope this makes it a bit clearer.
Sarah