[R] logos and goodies

cgw at witthoft.com cgw at witthoft.com
Fri Jul 30 04:06:25 CEST 2010

   I've got a couple questions related to my search (in vain) for an "R" tshirt
   or coffee mug.   The first question is simply: is there a higher-resolution
   R logo available than the one at r-developer.org?  (or the modified one
   provided by useR conference pages)
   Next: what are the chances of someone in the "R management" setting up a
   cafepress.com  "R store" for shirts, coffee mugs, etc?   I just sort of
   figured what with Firefox, Ubuntu, etc. selling product, R could do so as
   well.
   (I have all the gear I need to make myself a tshirt w/ the logo, but not as
   high quality as cafepress does)
   The  other thing I noticed is that the link to the R logos' directory,
   http://developer.r-project.org/Logo,  is blocked to the general public.
   Luckily, if you know the name of the image files is "Rlogo-[1-6].png", you
   can  still download the images.  Any reason the /Logo directory itself
   couldn't be made read-accessible?
   Carl