[R] Detecting seasonality

vikrant vikrant.shimpi at tcs.com
Fri Jul 30 06:45:15 CEST 2010

Hi jannis,
Thanks for replying
I will try to make my question more clear. Actually I have many Hourly time
series  and I want to automatically detect whether seasonality is present in
this series or not.If Yes, Then I need to find the period after which the
seasonal pattern repeats. For this using everytime Autocorrelation(ACF) plot
would become tiresome.SO I need some test which would examine presence of
seasonality. Hewitt test is on option Which you suggested. What is SSA? I
would read on FFT and see how to make use of FFT to detect seasonality..