[R] reading dates in Excel into R

John C Frain frainj at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 11:24:50 CEST 2010

To read the data into R
1) I format my dates as YYYY-MM-DD in Excel (or OpenOffice Calc),
2) (change =na() to NA)
3) Check that required  number of significant decimal places are displayed,
4) export as csv and
5) Use readSeries() function from Rmetrics timeSeries package to read
the data into R.

For what it is worth I have found this approach flexible .

Best Regards

John