[R] logos and goodies

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 17:38:14 CEST 2010

On Jul 30, 2010, at 4:06 AM, cgw at witthoft.com wrote:

>   I've got a couple questions related to my search (in vain) for an "R" tshirt
>   or coffee mug.   The first question is simply: is there a higher-resolution
>   R logo available than the one at r-developer.org?  (or the modified one
>   provided by useR conference pages)

I think that's a setup error, it is not even accessible to the Core Team... (Ideally, there should be a usage policy statement in the directory, but you know what paves the road to Hell.)

If you had been able to see the directory, you might have seen one attempt of a vector graphics version in Rlogo-1.svg. There was a thread on the issue on R-devel at the end of February, outlining the procedure for creating it. I am sure that it could be improved substantially with some additional fiddling (the present one was intended for highly compressed icons; it looks rather irregular at large magnifications).