[R] textbox in lattice

Erik Iverson eriki at ccbr.umn.edu
Tue Jun 1 21:22:41 CEST 2010

Noah Silverman wrote:
> That's amazing.  (It would have taken me many hours to figure this out
> on my own.)
>
> Two quick last questions and then I'm off to plotting:
> 1) How can I reduce the font size of the table. (It is huge on my plot.)
> 2) How can I control the ratio of "plot area" to "table area" in the grid?

For 1), you usually specify something like

textGrob(... , gp = gpar(cex = .8))

For 2), you may have to use something other than arrange, like creating
your own grid viewport and using grid.layout.

For the long term, I would suggest getting a copy of the book 'R
Graphics', which will get you very familiar with all these concepts and
much more!