[R] R linux install: FORTRAN compiling error

vaneet vaneet.lotay at mountsinai.org
Thu Jun 3 16:17:30 CEST 2010

Thanks for your replies.

I understand you think the best solution is to find the gfortran and
possibly libgfortran packages from the version of my Linux and gcc
distribution which according to a quick check is the following (also this is
a 64 bit linux machine):

gcc (GCC) 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-48)

The question is do you know where I can find a free gfortran package from
this distribution and would I need to completely reinstall the gcc package
from that version that includes gfortran and other compilers or can I simply
add gfortran to my existing packages?

Thanks