[R] Exporting a list of data frames

Christoph Scherber Christoph.Scherber at web.de
Thu Jun 3 16:24:30 CEST 2010

Dear R helpers,

Suppose I have a list of data frames. How can I export them (e.g. as a
text file) without losing the columns of the individual data.frames?

Example:

data(Orange)
mylist=list(Orange1=Orange,Orange2=Orange,Orange3=Orange)

I would like to use something like

write(mylist,"mylist.txt")

or

format (mylist...)

But somehow I cannot get the information contained in "mylist" exported
in a nicely looking way. Any ideas? Many thanks for any help!

Best wishes,
Christoph

(using R 2.11.0 on Windows XP)

--
Dr. rer.nat. Christoph Scherber University of Goettingen DNPW,
Agroecology Waldweg 26 D-37073 Goettingen Germany phone +49 (0)551 39