[R] rgl problem on Fedora 13

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Thu Jun 3 16:29:34 CEST 2010

On Jun 3, 2010, at 8:00 AM, Håvard Rue wrote:

> Just installed Fedora 13, and reinstalled the lastest rgl package 0.91.
> The problem is that open3d() opens a window, but then halt. Nothing
> happens and I have to kill R.
> In the previous version of Fedora 12, everything worked fine.
>
> Any tests etc I should/could do?
>
> Best,

Hi,

Were there any console error messages at all that might indicate a driver incompatibility issue or a missing component?

From the file you attached, it looks like you have an Intel GPU, so some of the video related changes in F13, such as the Nouveau driver, I don't believe will be applicable, but that is not absolutely certain. There may yet be other relevant changes.

Did you do a clean install or an upgrade over F12? If the former, it is possible that some system configuration specification is amiss.

Of course, given any brand new Linux release, there is always the possibility of a bug that may or may not yet have been fixed since release. Be sure that you have fully updated the system with yum since installing.

You might also want to search the Fedora Bugzilla repo for any references to OpenGL reports for F13 that might apply.

Also consider contacting the rgl package maintainers to see if there is any additional information that they can provide based upon their more intimate knowledge.

Finally, there is a R SIG Fedora e-mail list. More info at: