[R] plot polar coordinates

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Fri Jun 4 10:41:25 CEST 2010

On 06/04/2010 05:05 AM, Thomas Steiner wrote:
> Thank you Greg,
>
> I'll add 180 then.
>
> Thanks for the hint with longer radial.lim arguments it works woderfull.
>
>> The lines function is plotting in Cartesian coordinates, not the polar coordinates.
>
> Is there any (lines) function that plots polar coordinates to an existing plot?

Hi Thomas,
Greg has already given you most of the solutions. I was a bit surprised
to find that if you include the negative values in the radial.lim
argument, the polygon appears _and_ in the right place! I'll have to add
this to the help page. Note that your labels may not be where you think
they should be, as 0 degrees is east in your example. Maybe you want
start=90?

I have thought about reprogramming the radial plot functions with an
"add" argument, but haven't gotten around to it. I'll have a look and if
I can do this without too much work, I'll let you know.

As far as 100 being prettier than 90, my experience is that I ain't
gettin' any prettier as I get older.

Jim