[R] Wilcoxon test output as a table

Joris Meys jorismeys at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 23:59:22 CEST 2010

Can't reproduce those with your code and your dataset.
I also noticed some other unwanted behaviour by using as.numeric : it
changes the formatting again. You won't get rid of the "" as that
indicates it's a character, and you won't be able to format the
numbers as the columns in a dataframe or in a matrix have all the same
formatting.

If you want to generate output for a function or so, you can play
around with cat() (see ?cat ). If it's for a report, think about using
latex or HTML and the xtable package. There are other options, but
that requires a bit more info.

And your code is not very optimal.

setwd("c:/Temp")
Dataset <- read.table("Dataset.txt",header=T,sep=",")

W <- apply(Dataset[2:11],2, function(x) wilcox.test(x ~ GrFac,
alternative="two.sided", data=Dataset)$statistic)
P <- apply(Dataset[2:11],2, function(x) wilcox.test(x ~ GrFac,
alternative="two.sided", data=Dataset)$p.value)
W <- format(W, digits = 5, nsmall = 2)
P <- format(P, digits = 1, nsmall = 3)

out <- rbind(W,P)
rownames(out) <- c("W","P")
colnames(out) <- colnames(Dataset[2:11])

If you know latex, you can use following package to get
library(xtable)
xtable(out) # latex output

#html output
outtable <- xtable(out)
print(outtable,type="html")

On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 11:35 PM, Iurie Malai <iurie.malai at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you, Joris!
>
> I received two identical warnings:
>
> [14] WARNING: Warning in if (nchar(cmd) <= width) return(cmd) :
>  the condition has length > 1 and only the first element will be used
> [15] WARNING: Warning in if (nchar(cmd) <= width) return(cmd) :
>  the condition has length > 1 and only the first element will be used
>
> 2010/6/6 Joris Meys <jorismeys at gmail.com>
>
>> # not tested
>> out <- rbind(as.numeric(Wnew),as.numeric(P))
>> rownames(out) <- c("Wnew","P")

Ghent University
Faculty of Bioscience Engineering

tel : +32 9 264 59 87