[R] Color scale graphic

Diogo_Silva diogo_nuno_silva at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 6 02:02:34 CEST 2010

Hello

Recently, I've been dealing with a seemingly simple problem. I have a table
with two columns filled with values from a test I made (say, amount of
precipitation and Months measured). Now, instead of plotting a typical
linear graphic with precipitation on the y-axis and the months in the
x-axys, I would like to "convert" the values of precipitation in a color
gradient, resulting in a vertical gradient throughout the x-axis. In this
way, months with higher precipitation would appear reddish while lower
precipitation would appear blueish, for example. Despite being a simple
problem (basically converting the y-values in a color gradient), I have
failed to find a way of doing this.

If someone knows how to solve this, either using R or other program, please
lend me a hand.

Thanks for your attention
Diogo