[R] fitting multinomial logistic regression

Ben Bolker bolker at ufl.edu
Sun Jun 6 20:45:41 CEST 2010

suman dhara <suman.dhara89 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I want to fit a multinomial logistic regression in R.I think mlogit() is the
> function for doing this. mlogit () is in packege globaltest.But, I can not
> install this package. I use the following:
>
> install.packages("globaltest")
>
> Can you help me?

  Only if you give us some kind of clue about what precisely is not
working.  What version of R are you using (post results of sessionInfo() ) ,
what repository did you choose when prompted, do you have a working
internet connection, *exactly* what error message appeared ... ?

  (Hint: I got "package ‘globaltest’ is not available".  When
I did

library(sos)  ## install this if necessary
findFn("mlogit")

  I found that there was an mlogit package, which installed fine
for me.)

  (Hint #2: it appears that globaltest is in Bioconductor.
You might want to post this query on the bioconductor mailing list.)