[R] Loading an image/picture (png/jpeg/...) to screen...

Gregoire Pau gregoire.pau at embl.de
Mon Jun 7 11:54:32 CEST 2010

The package EBImage provides general purpose functionality for the
reading, writing, analysis and displaying of images.

 > library(EBImage)
 > x = readImage('lena.gif')
 > display(x)

ImageJ is OK to carry out some image processing operations. But if you
need to perform quantitative image analysis or model/analyse images with
statistical models, then R + EBImage is a simple and powerful alternative.

Images are just matrices.

Kind regards,

Greg
---