[R] Source of chickwts data

Chirok Han chirok.han at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 18:51:22 CEST 2010

I'm not sure if this is the right mailing list. My apologies if I'm
sending the question to the wrong mailing list.
(The r-packages list moderator suggested using the R-help list.)

My question is about the "chickwts" data in the datasets package.
According to help(chickwts), the source of the data is

 Anonymous (1948) Biometrika, 35, 214.

But this reference seems irrelevant.
(See http://www.jstor.org/stable/i315414.)

The help document also gives "McNeil, D. R. (1977) Interactive Data
Analysis. New York: Wiley" as a reference, but unfortunately my local
library does not keep the book. Could someone please help me find the
correct source of the data?

Many thanks.

Chirok