[R] Intra-Class correlation psych package missing data

William Revelle lists at revelle.net
Wed Jun 9 01:42:25 CEST 2010

Ross,
  My apologies, I just discovered your email (from April) to the
R-help list serve asking about ICC in psych.

ICC does not remove missing data but rather lets the ANOVA handle it.
It is probably more appropriate work on complete cases (as does the
icc in the  irr package).
that is

my.data <- na.omit(my.data)
ICC(my.data)

I have just fixed ICC so that it will by default use na.omit and thus
work on complete cases.    This will be in the psych 1.0.89 release
which should be ready by this weekend.

Bill

At 4:21 AM -0800 4/8/10, RCulloch wrote:
>Hello R users, and perhaps William Revelle in particular,
>
>I'm curious as to how ICC deals with missing data, so for example you are
>sampling individuals over set periods in time and one individual is missing
>or was not recaptured at that given time point - leading to NA in the
>dataset. My thought was that it should then omit data by individual, but I'm
>not convinced that that is what it is doing?

You are completely correct.