[R] specifying plot symbol sizes in qplot or ggplot2

cfriedl cfriedalek at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 03:21:38 CEST 2010

Hi.

first things first ... thanks for ggplot2.

Now my question. I'm using qplot to generate a plot as follows where X,Y,Z,
A are columns in a dataframe.

qplot(X, Y, data=XYDATA, color=Z, geom=c("point"), size=A)

This works as expected. Factor A has three levels so there are three sizes
of the point plot symbol. I understand that the factor levels are mapped to
symbol sizes. However the sizes are too small for my liking. Is there any
way I can specify the range of plot symbol sizes that factor A levels are
mapped to?