[R] RMySQL package on 64bit R for Windows

mswierniak mswierniak at o2.pl
Wed Jun 9 14:05:16 CEST 2010

Hi,
I have installed 64bit R version 2.11.1 on 64bit Vista system and I have a problem with RMySQL package.
I have installed 64bit verion of MySQL (5.1.47) and set MYSQL_HOME.
Installation of package looks fine :
>install.packages("RMySQL_0.7-4.zip")
inferring 'repos = NULL' from the file name
package 'RMySQL' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked

but whet I try to load it I've got following error:
> library(RMySQL)
Error: package 'RMySQL' is not installed for 'arch=x64'
In addition: Warning message:
package 'RMySQL' was built under R version 2.12.0

I have tried also installing package from source using RTools but it's also failed.

If somebody succesfully install RMySQL package on 64bit R for Windows?
I'll be thankful for any help.