[R] Creating reports using R

Erik Iverson eriki at ccbr.umn.edu
Thu Jun 10 05:16:52 CEST 2010

John Antonakakis wrote:
> is there a good way to generate reports in R? I found the following code
> using split.screen but this only works with plots and i would like to
> generate reports with tables and charts. thx

The answer is definitively yes, and you can spend a lot of time learning about
how to do it, and none of it will be wasted.

There are many methods, and your course will depend on what you want you
ultimate output to be.  Popular options are PDF (through LaTeX), HTML, and Word.

You'll want to check out the Sweave line of solutions, which let you embed R
code into, say, LaTeX.  There is also odfWeave and other Word-y solutions that
I'm not as familiar with.

Frank Harrell has some good examples of this sort of thing on his web site, see:

http://biostat.mc.vanderbilt.edu/wiki/Main/StatReport