[R] makign help files by hand

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Thu Jun 10 11:05:24 CEST 2010

On 09.06.2010 19:39, Philip A. Viton wrote:

> Can someone tell me how to make up (eg) a library's html help files by
> hand? I think I ought to be able to use RCMD Rdconv for this but
> (R-2.10.0, MS-win) when I type (in a dos session) "rdcmd rdconv --help"
> I get a message to the effect that a perl script rdconv can't be opened.
>
> Can I do this from within R itself? And if so, how (in particular, what
> is the target file to be converted)?

1. Please upgrade R. R-2.10.0 was the first version with a new help
system, hence there are some corrections made in the meantime.

2. Please read the manual Writing R Extensions.

3. R is case sensitive which is important for the name of the script,
hence please use "R CMD Rdconv". I do not have 2.10.0 installed
anywhere, but at least since R-2.10.1, Rdconv.sh is a shell script
rather than a perl script.

Best,
Uwe Ligges