[R] To give column names of a data-frame

Joris Meys jorismeys at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 13:22:20 CEST 2010

First of all, read the help file ?data.frame. What you do is adding a
variable row.names, column.names and title to your dataframe. What you
want to do is set the rownames and colnames.

> results <- data.frame(matrix(c(1,2,3,4),nrow=2,ncol=2))

> rownames(results) <- c("a","b")

> colnames(results) <- c("c","d")

> attr(results,"title") <- "aaa"

> results
  c d
a 1 3
b 2 4

> str(results)
'data.frame':   2 obs. of  2 variables:
 $ c: num  1 2
 $ d: num  3 4
 - attr(*, "title")= chr "aaa"

> attr(results,"title")
[1] "aaa"

If you have the matrix already, take a look at ?as.data.frame.

Cheers
Joris

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 7:22 AM, suman dhara <suman.dhara89 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sir,
> I want to export the results of R in a data frame. So I want to give
> rownames,columnnames & title to the data-frame.I have applied the following:
>

> data.frame(matrix(c(...),nrow=,ncol=),row.names=c("a","b"),col.names=c("c","d"),title="aaa")
>
> But, it does not work.
> Can you help me?
>

> Regards,
> Suman Dhara