[R] Can RMySQL be used for a paramterized query?

Paul Gilbert pgilbert at bank-banque-canada.ca
Thu Jun 10 23:51:06 CEST 2010

Ted

I'm not sure I fully understand the question, but you may want to consider creating a temporary table with a join, which you can do with a query from your R session, and then query that table to bring the data into R. Roughly, the logic is to leave the data in the db if you are not doing any fancy calculations. You might also find "order by" is useful. (This is what I use in TSdbi to make sure data comes back in the right order as a time series.) It may even be possible to get everything you want back in one step using this and "group by", rather than looping, but depending on the analysis you want to do in R, that may not be the most convenient way.

BTW, I think you realize you do not have to use the TSMySQL commands to access the TSMySQL database. They are usually convenient, but you can query the tables directly with RMySQL functions.

Paul

La version française suit le texte anglais.