[R] calling a function with new inputs every 1 minute

KstuS kss at u.northwestern.edu
Sat Jun 12 20:45:32 CEST 2010

I have inputs to a function which are changing all the time - I pull these
values from the internet.  I then apply a function to the values.  What I'd
like to do is automate the process so it runs every one minute and adds the
output of the function as a new element of a vector.  Pseudo code:

at Start time:
input1_t0, input2_t0, input3_t0
function(input1_t0, input2_t0, input3_t0)
function_result_0

at Time T2 (say one minute later)
input1_t1, input2_t1, input3_t1
function(input1_t1, input2_t1, input3_t1
function_result_1

end_result <- c(function_result_0, function_result_1, function_result_2,
..., n)

Ideally I'd want to do this every 1 minute for the next 500 minutes.