[R] Html help

Murray Jorgensen maj at waikato.ac.nz
Mon Jun 14 13:33:10 CEST 2010

I have just installed R 2.11.1 on my XP laptop.

I like html help for browsing but text help for on-the-fly look-ups. I
was a bit surprised when I was asked to choose between them during the
installation. I chose text, thinking I could fix the html help later,
which is what I am trying to do now.

Now when I ask for html help my browser goes to

'http://-ip-number-/doc/html/index.html'

instead of where I want on my computer:

C:\apps\R\R-2.11.1\doc\html\index.html

Now I can go where I want manually but then the package list on

C:\apps\R\R-2.11.1\doc\html\packages.html

does not include all the packages that I have installed and linked. I
don't want to read my html help from the web because sometimes I am
off-line or on a slow connection.

How do I go about getting a local set of html help files?

Cheers,   Murray Jorgensen

--
Dr Murray Jorgensen      http://www.stats.waikato.ac.nz/Staff/maj.html
Department of Statistics, University of Waikato, Hamilton, New Zealand