[R] xtable with Sweave

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Mon Jun 14 17:54:06 CEST 2010

On Jun 14, 2010, at 8:09 AM, Silvano wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using Sweave to prepare a descriptive report.
> Are at least 20 tables built with xtable command of kind:
>
> <<echo=F, results=hide>>=
> q5 = factor(Q5, label=c("Não", "Sim"))
> (q5.tab = cbind(table(q5)))
> @
>
> <<echo=F, results=tex>>=
> xtable(q5.tab, align="l|c", caption.placement = "top", table.placement='H')
> @
>
> I'm getting the following message:
>
> Too many unprocessed floats
>
> in Latex file.
>
> How to avoid these messages appearing?

Hi,

That is an error message from 'latex' indicating that you may have too many float tables without sufficient separation (eg. new pages, text in between, etc.) and/or conflicts in table placement.

You might have a look at the relevant TeX FAQ here:

  http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=tmupfl

Also, while I don't use xtable(), I do believe that you have to call it using the print method directly to specify non-default arguments:

  print(xtable(q5.tab, align = "l|c"), caption.placement = "top", table.placement = 'H')

See the help pages for ?xtable and ?print.table, including the last examples in the former.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz