[R] Prime Numbers Pkgs

Karl-Dieter Crisman kcrisman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 17:55:19 CEST 2010

> Looking for a recommended package that handles prime number computations.

I'm not sure whether this would be helpful to you, but Sage
(http://www.sagemath.org) has excellent number theory support and
several ways to interface with R (which is included in the
distribution of Sage).  I use it myself to access several R packages I
need to do analysis on data I produce in Sage/Python, and then send
the data back to Sage for further processing.

Of course, this is not an R package, so depending on how much you need
such things from within R itself it may or may not help you out.

HTH,
Karl-Dieter Crisman