[R] avoid row/column indexing in capture.output

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Jun 15 00:46:56 CEST 2010

On Jun 14, 2010, at 6:19 PM, Subodh Acharya wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> This might be a very petty thing but Its not working for me.
> I want to export an output to a txt file but without indexing.

Unfortunately we cannot see the structure of "output" but from the
result you are getting it looks like both "Time" and "output" might be
numeric vectors of the same length, although the [,1] access looks
wrong for a vector. Why don't you give us the result of str(output)?

> Here is what I  have tried to do
>
> outfile<- function(Time, var.names, output) {
>  var.names = c(names(para))
> for(i in 1: ncol(output)){
>   cat(length(var.names), '\n')
>   cat("time =", "yes", '\n')
>   cat("RUN", i, '\n')
>   cat(length(Time), '\n')
> #   print(cbind(Time, output[,i]))

# Perhaps?

cat( paste(Time, inp[ ,1], "\n"))  # since paste is "vectorized".

--
David.