[R] strange error message from freedesktop.org in the R window!

Kjetil Halvorsen kjetilbrinchmannhalvorsen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 16:24:01 CEST 2010

Almost continuously I get  some variant of the following message
fillingb up my R console:
> bubble(data1, "logvol")
> ?variogram
** (evince:2799): WARNING **: DBus error
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Failed: Unable to set metadata key

** (evince:2799): WARNING **: DBus error
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Failed: Unable to set metadata key
?variogram

and once it hang up and I had to restart the computer.

This is R-2.11.1 compiled by myself on ubuntu 10.04 (but this mail is
sent from an windows machine because of some internet probs on my
linux machine).

I havent'done anything special in the compilation of R, but I have
done one chasnge of configuration of ubuntu (probably gnome) which can
(or cannot) be relevant. because of some annoying problems with emacs
23, I went to
System---Preferences---Appearnace and choose  "Theme"Clearlooks"
(which also is better on my eyesighy)
and " Visual effects" none. This in effect turns of the nvidia driver,
and seems to keep emacs 23 hqappy.

But why this strange Freedesktop.org messages above? --- Whivh repeat
with an annoying freequency.
\
Thanksd

Kjetil Halvorsen