[R] Antwort: Re: an alternative to R for nonlinear stat models

benedikt.gehr at ieu.uzh.ch benedikt.gehr at ieu.uzh.ch
Wed Jun 16 12:30:35 CEST 2010

   Hi Paul

   Oh ok sorry, I send you below a copy of the R code I was using. It's very
   possible that my programming is slow as well. I'm very happy to learn.

   Sorry the code is a bit long, but its structured like this and cotains three
   main functions and the optimization:

   1. Input - (I didn't send the data)

   2.  Function  to  calculate the cell probabilities for the multinomial
   likelihood

   3. Function to calculate the multinomial

   4.Function to be optimized

   5. then I set the starting values

   6. optimization using mle2

   hope that helps