[R] Plotting different symbols in R for different values in a vector

clips10 m.mcquillan at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu Jun 17 15:55:44 CEST 2010

I have some point locations I want to add to a plot and have the command

pts1<-as.points(Xcoordinate,Ycoordinate)

then

plot(poly1,type="l",lwd=1)

what I want to do is add the locations onto the plot. I can do this using
the points command but I have another vector in my data frame with the x and
y coordinates called A for instance which takes values 1 and 0. I want to
plot the locations onto my plot and have a different symbol or colour
depending on whether this other vector takes the value 1 or 0. Is there
anyway to do this?

Thanks