[R] question about boosting(Adaboosting. M1)

Joris Meys jorismeys at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 02:57:23 CEST 2010

Changbin,

The weights don't have to sum up to one. These are the weights of the
trees in the bag used to combine them into the final fit, and if I'm
not mistaken expressed as the logit of the error for the respective
trees.

If you use a method, be sure you understand it. If you don't
understand those weights, I reckon there's a whole lot of other things
you don't understand about the method. A good start is running and
analyzing the example in the help file. Those weights don't sum up to
one either, but the authors don't seem to mind...

There are references given in the help files, and you should
understand what they say before you apply the algorithm. You're not
going to handle a chainsaw without reading the manual carefully
either.

Cheers
Joris

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 11:35 PM, Changbin Du <changbind at gmail.com> wrote:
> HI, Guys,
>
> I am trying to use the AdaBoosting. M.1 algorithm to integrate three models.
> I found the sum of  weights for each model is not  equal to one.
>
> How to deal with this?
>
> Thanks, any response or suggestions are appreciated!
>

> --
> Sincerely,
> Changbin
> --