[R] Connect to server

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sun Jun 20 16:10:58 CEST 2010

On Jun 20, 2010, at 8:29 AM, Hadassa Brunschwig wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am aware that this question might be a basic one.
> I did browse the help and archives but I still haven't understood
> how to do the following:
>
> I run R locally and would like to read in data from a server
> for which there is a username and password. That is,
> how do I open a connection to a server with a password?

You might consider offering more specifics of your OS, whatever it
might be, and your network, whatever it might be. How would you do it
outside of R on whatever system you might be using?
Then consider reading:

?system

I used "password server" on the Baron supplied search facility with
different defaults than you would get with RSiyeSearch:

http://search.r-project.org/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?query=password+server&max=100&result=normal&sort=score&idxname=Rhelp10&idxname=Rhelp08&idxname=Rhelp02&idxname=functions

http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/Rhelp02/archive/117420.html
http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/Rhelp10/2010-April/235030.html
http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/Rhelp02/archive/65472.html