[R] lm for log log

Ekaterina Pek ekaterina.pek at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 19:38:59 CEST 2010

Hi, Ted.

Thanks for your reply. It helped. I have further a bit of questions.

> It may be that lm(log(b) ~ log(a)) is, from a substantive point of view,
> a more appropriate model for whetever it is than lm(b ~ a). Or it may
> not be. This is a separate question. Again, Spearman's rho is not
> definitive.

How one determines if one linear model is more appropriate than another ?
And : linear model "log(b) ~ log(a)" is okay ? I hesitated to use such
thing from the beginning, because it seemed to me like it would have
meant a nonlinear model rather than linear.. (Sorry, if the question
is stupid, I'm not that good at statistics)

Regards,
Kate.