[R] No graphics capability on fresh install of R2.11.0 on FreeBSD 8.0

Ben Madin lists at remoteinformation.com.au
Mon Jun 21 00:15:09 CEST 2010

Thanks Rainer,

I actually solved this by just adding a few fonts - from the x11-fonts ports. I'm not sure about choosing the best ones, but this seems to have fixed the "Cairo" device, although my capabilities has not changed at all.

We thought we could avoid the need to install X11 at all, but maybe this is not so for normal use.

cheers

Ben