[R] Project

Joris Meys jorismeys at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 15:59:25 CEST 2010

Presuming you're talking about Perl, I might be able to help with
specific issues, but read the posting guide before you actually call
upon our help.

One book I definitely can recommend is Phil Spectors Data Manipulation with R

http://www.springer.com/statistics/computanional+statistics/book/978-0-387-74730-9

It covers most you need to know about data structures in R, as they're
quite different from Perl. Pay attention to the vectorization and the
use of indices in R, as both concepts differ substantially from Perl.
In essence, avoid for-loops as much as you can. One other source you
might look at is the R inferno of Patrick Burns :

http://lib.stat.cmu.edu/S/Spoetry/Tutor/R_inferno.pdf

Cheers
Joris

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 4:35 AM, Colton Hunt <coltonhunt2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am an intern in Virginia Beach and I am currently working on a project
> that involves converting a script of Pearl to R. The code takes one input
> text file and outputs six text files. If you think you can help, I will be
> able to provide more detailed information. Thank you for your time!
>
> Colton Hunt

Joris Meys
Statistical consultant

Ghent University