[R] reg: R genetics problem

Juliet Hannah juliet.hannah at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 18:06:46 CEST 2010

I've used this package before, and it always gives me the message:

NOTE: THIS PACKAGE IS NOW OBSOLETE.

So I stopped using it. I just tried installing it and it gave me some
new errors (below). Maybe you should also post your sessionInfo().

> library("genetics")

Attaching package: 'combinat'

The following object(s) are masked from 'package:utils':

    combn

gdata: Unable to locate valid perl interpreter
gdata:
gdata: read.xls() will be unable to read Excel XLS and XLSX files
unless the 'perl=' argument is used to specify the location of a valid
perl intrpreter.
gdata:
gdata: (To avoid display of this message in the future, please ensure
perl is installed and available on the executable search path.)
gdata: Unable to load perl libaries needed by read.xls()
gdata: to support 'XLX' (Excel 97-2004) files.

gdata: Unable to load perl libaries needed by read.xls()
gdata: to support 'XLSX' (Excel 2007+) files.

gdata: Run the function 'installXLSXsupport()'
gdata: to automatically download and install the perl
gdata: libaries needed to support Excel XLS and XLSX formats.

Attaching package: 'gdata'

The following object(s) are masked from 'package:utils':

    object.size

NOTE: THIS PACKAGE IS NOW OBSOLETE.

  The R-Genetics project has developed an set of enhanced genetics
  packages to replace 'genetics'. Please visit the project homepage
  at http://rgenetics.org for informtion.

Attaching package: 'genetics'

The following object(s) are masked from 'package:base':

    %in%, as.factor, order

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.11.0 (2010-04-22)
i386-pc-mingw32

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252  LC_CTYPE=English_United
States.1252    LC_MONETARY=English_United States.1252 LC_NUMERIC=C
[5] LC_TIME=English_United States.1252

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] genetics_1.3.4 mvtnorm_0.9-9  MASS_7.3-5     gtools_2.6.2
gdata_2.8.0    combinat_0.0-7