[R] Simple qqplot question

Joris Meys jorismeys at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 11:14:36 CEST 2010

Sorry, missed the two variable thing. Go with the lm solution then,
and you can tweak the plot yourself (the confidence intervals are
easily obtained via predict(lm.object, interval="prediction") ). The
function qq.plot uses robust regression, but in your case normal
regression will do.

Regarding the shapes : this just indicates both tails are shorter than
expected, so you have a kurtosis greater than 3 (or positive,
depending whether you do the correction or not)

Cheers
Joris

--
Joris Meys