[R] Euclidean Distance Matrix Analysis (EDMA) in R?

Joris Meys jorismeys at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 01:21:37 CEST 2010

Thanks for the link, very interesting book. Yet, I couldn't find the
part about EDMA. It would have surprised me anyway, as the input of
multidimensional scaling is one matrix with euclidean distances
between your observations, whereas in EDMA the data consist of a
number of distance matrices.

Quite a different thing if you ask me. Neither cmdscale nor isoMDS or
its derivated functions (eg metaMDS in the vegan package) are going to
be of any help.

Now I come to think of it, vegan has a procrustes function, but I'm
not sure if it is generalized to be of use in EDMA.

Cheers
Joris

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 7:42 PM, Kjetil Halvorsen
<kjetilbrinchmannhalvorsen at gmail.com> wrote:
> There is a freely downloadable and very relevant (& readable) book at
> https://ccrma.stanford.edu/~dattorro/mybook.html
> "Convex Optimization and Euclidean Distance geometry", and it indeed names EDMA
> as a form of multidimensional scaling (or maybe in the oposite way).
> You should have a look
> at the codes for multidimensional scaling in R.
>
> Kjetil
>
> On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 6:25 AM, gokhanocakoglu <ocakoglu at uludag.edu.tr> wrote:
>>
>> thanks for your interests Joris
>>

>> Gokhan OCAKOGLU