[R] Contour - data points not in ascending order?

Kirkeby ckir at vet.dtu.dk
Tue Jun 29 10:52:44 CEST 2010

Hello everyone.

I have been dealing with this for a while. I have built a spatial prediction
model for densities of mosquitoes on a field, based om empirical data. I
need to plot the field area with the predicted densities in a heatmap,
contour or likewise, and compare it visually with i.e. a loess prediction
(which works well). But no matter what I do, I cannot come across the
problem that the x and y values should be in ascending order. Why is this
necessary? I have tried using the unique() function as mentioned earlier,
but it only removes some data points.
Please help me, I will appreciate any advice.

Best regards
Carsten Kirkeby