[R] More than two font in a plot

Jinsong Zhao jszhao at mail.hzau.edu.cn
Tue Jun 29 16:17:16 CEST 2010

Hi there,

I am a Chinese R user. I hope to display Chinese character in a plot,
and than save it in PostScript format. I have read the article titled
"Non-Standard Fonts in PostScript and PDF Graphics", especially the
section about CJK fonts. I also tried the code:

> pdf("chinese.pdf", width=3, height=1)
> grid.text("\u4F60\u597D", y=2/3, gp=gpar(fontfamily="CNS1"))
> grid.text("is 'hello' in (Traditional) Chinese", y=1/3)
> dev.off()

however, it's not valid with postscript(). It seems that postscript()
need to set family in postscirpt(..., family = "CNS1"). Then all the
characters are in CJK font, and it's not what I hope to get. I hope the
Latin character is displayed in Helvetica.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Jinsong
--